Thursday, July 7, 2022

Tempera Paint/Digital Art

I have always loved painting with tempera (cakes and liquid) and just a bit of acrylic mixed in (as William Blake did alongside his relief etchings). The paint is (unlike oils) wonderfully fluid and cooperative and I like being able to blend it in easily in case I need to make several fresh starts on the same canvas. I have also experimented with digital art after getting a computer in 1998 and usually take a photograph and modify it using photoshop to enhance colors and the overall composition of the image. I have found that these digital images can work well as illustrations for my poetry. 7/7/2022

No comments:

Post a Comment

Language of Light

My poetry, music and art have always been a place for me of supernatural communion between the divine and earthly realms.The liberation of t...