First let me say that I do regard Tolstoy as one of the most insightful writers of the last several hundred years-his book The Kingdom of God Is Within You is brilliant and life changing. Tolstoy's deconstruction of the French Symbolist Poets in his book What Is Art as devoid of any meaning and morally bankrupt arrives through a kind of literalism which haunts novelists and often demands a linear story line. It is much like insisting all paintings should be of the realist variety on the grounds that one would rather look at a photograph.
11/22/2022
Project End of Days is a Poetry/Art project & books by T. Byron K. Studio Appalachia-VA
Tuesday, November 22, 2022
Tolstoy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Old Pilot School
I think there may be a few ghosts at my studio out in old Pilot School, though they seem like lost children in there, looking for yesterday ...
-
I had the idea that all of my poems were like a conversation and that I could enter into any part of it again, making the dialog of nearly 4...
-
I started writing poetry in 1987 while I was an Undergraduate at Viginia Tech. Almost 40 years later I am still writing and painting and m...
-
If you were directing a movie for example, you would have notes first, kind of like a road map of what you wanted to explore in the poem, th...
No comments:
Post a Comment